Gold Coast ITU World Triathlon Grand Final 11–17 September 2018
More than 5,000 of the world’s best elite and age group triathletes will be heading to Queensland for the final race of the 2018 season. Athletes representing 46 nations will be competing at Southport Broadwater Parklands, the site of the highly successful ITU World Triathlon Gold Coast and home to the 2009 ITU World Championships.
Located on the northern end of the Gold Coast and approximately a 60minute drive from the Brisbane Airport or 45 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport, the Broadwater Parklands at Southport will serve as the event venue and has all the facilities necessary to support world class sporting and cultural events.
The Broadwater Parklands, where all event competition activity will be located, is located within close proximity to a vast array of cafes, restaurants, bars, accommodation, public transport and sightseeing experiences. The Event venue will include the Sports & Lifestyle Expo, Start / Finish, Transition, VIP and the Gold Coast Triathlon.
Please visit the official race website for further information http://goldcoast.triathlon.org/
The Gold Coast is the host of the Commonwealth Games in April 2018. The Gold Coast has been preparing for this international sporting event for many years and has a legacy in place to create enduring benefits for the community, including new light rail transport infrastructure.
HOT Events will have staff onsite during the Commonwealth Games so will be able to impart vital knowledge of the venue, places to eat, things to see and do to assist you during your in September for the World Triathlon Grand Final.
Registrations are now open until Friday 29 June 2018. Registration enables us to arrange the accommodation and everyone participating on the trip (including partners) do need to register. You can also indicate interest in extending your stay. If you are wishing to stay a little longer please advise us in the “Stay and Play” section of the registration.
Program details, inclusions and costs are current and subject to change. If you have questions, please see the FAQ section.
The friendly Tri Travel team at HOT Events are here to help you, please do not hesitate to contact us with any queries on registering for the Official New Zealand Triathlon team tour.
Official Tri Travel Land Only Package
Tuesday 11 – Monday 17 September 2018
NZ$979.00 per person (based on twin share)
- 6 nights’ accommodation in a One Bedroom Apartment at the official team hotel - Neptune Resort Broadbeach (3 ½ star)
- Approved bike storage in your hotel room
- Information on pre-training location options
- Travel newsletter updates
- Dedicated Tri-Travel/ HOT Events professional who will work with you on your travel arrangements
- Onsite HOT Events representative for the duration of the event
Additional charges (at traveller's own cost)
- Flights if required, airfare options are available on request
- Additional airline luggage charges or freighting of bikes / luggage
- Single supplement (if you are choosing to have a room by yourself)
- Visas (if required)
- Travel Insurance
- Rental cars or transportation
- Tips/Gratuities (a guideline will be provided)
- Costs related to any damage incurred to suppliers by athletes and supporters
All prices are:
- Per person in NZ dollars
- Prices are subject to change, due to foreign exchange fluctuations and governmental taxes
- Based on twin/double share accommodation – the single supplement is NZ$549.00 for the 6 nights
Rates are available for a 2 Bedroom option for up to 4 people sharing (limited availability), please contact Tri Travel directly for a quote.
Package Payment Terms:
- Non-refundable booking deposit of NZ$350.00 per person is required at time of registration to confirm your booking
- The balance of payment will be required by Friday 29 June 2018
- HOT Events accepts payment by cheque, cash or credit card as well as Q card and GEM card
- Payment by credit card does attract fees depending on the credit card type used
- Cancellation penalties over and above the deposit will apply once you have paid in full
Official New Zealand team hotel – Neptune Resort Broadbeach
Comfortable and well located, Neptune Resort is in the heart of Broadbeach. Though there is boundless fun to be had in the resort, you are sure to venture out to some of the local Gold Coast attractions.
Stay at Neptune Resort and have some fun enjoying our great onsite leisure facilities. For those who like to be active or just plain relaxing, there is something for everyone.
- Onsite café - Hard Grind Coffee Retreat
- Heated pool and spa, sauna, tennis court gym/fitness room
- On-site undercover parking (complimentary)
- BBQ facilities
- hair dryer
- iron/ ironing board
- full kitchen facilities
- laundry facilities
- air conditioning
- satellite/cable TV
- free wifi/wireless
New Zealand team accommodation
HOT Events recognise that athletes travelling to race have different requirements in terms of budget, hotel standard, hotel facilities and room configurations. We have chosen this hotel as the official hotel based on its great location; as well as the great value offered as a room rate.
All accommodation is classified as follows: single use (one person/one bed), twin share (two people, two beds) or double share (two people/one bed).
Space at the team hotel will be limited so we strongly advise booking early. Bookings will be on a first in, first served basis.
Share accommodation is based on twin rooms only (maximum 2 adults per room).
If athletes are travelling alone and wish to share with someone, HOT Events will assist with matching up with other athletes of similar age/gender as best as possible.
Shared rooms will be subject to finding another athlete who is staying the same dates. This is not guaranteed and should no other athlete require the same dates, the athlete who has requested accommodation will be required to pay the total cost of the room (single supplement
STAY AND PLAY
Want to extend your stay or have the family join you afterwards? Then let us know so we can arrange the perfect break away for you and your loved ones. If you do wish to amend your travel arrangements, please indicate this on the registration form (in the Stay and Play section) and HOT Events will be in touch with you regarding your requirements.
Chris from the Tri Travel team has visited the Gold Coast numerous times and has plenty of insight into the area. With our dedicated travel specialists, we will work with you on your specific requirements to extend your travel if required.
We understand that you might want to amend your travel dates to best suit the dates of your event or events. Tri NZ Travel can tailor-make a package for you to suit your travel needs. Minimum stay requirements will apply and room sharing options will be limited.
All costs associated with extensions are at your own expense and must be paid at time of booking.
- Due to the high demand for flights, we do recommend that you request your extension travel as soon as possible as part of the online registration
- Prices for extension packages are subject to change based on exchange rates and taxes
- All options are subject to availability at time of booking
If you have any questions please visit the FAQ’s section on the website.